Saturday, January 5, 2008

Nameless

I cannot recall
The many trains of thought.
It's only what I felt,
That rests still.
Amongst palms
And footprints
And faces blank,
I found not you,
We were lost in the din.

Beams from a barrel,
Neon lights.
Concrete, Steel & Xerox Machines.
Chug Chugs, rail tracks,
Three second stops.
Drifting with the crowd,
My sole gave in.

Shanty towns,
Shacks,Industry;
Cabbies, the mafia,
Born to lead.
Film shoots and recordings,
Glamorous Bollywood.
In want of a sign,
In want of a hill.

Reaching for the stars,
In vaccum crammed.
It's a blur, the drive,
Pumping adrenaline.
Going, Doing, Moving,
Passing bridges and rigs,
Words escape me,
Die on my lips.

Sit back, relax,
Till Sunday we must wait.
Hungover on work,
Groping in bars well lit.
Reflected in the glass,
Our spirits are weary.
Thirsting for a drop
Of tranquility...

People abound,
In crores, in lakhs,
There's not a person
In the mob.
Buried in the sand,
Lost at sea,
The silhouette in the moonlight,
Frozen in memory.

There were beams
And bars,
And things afar.
Towering monstrosities,
Undeserving of name.
Yet somehow,
In the midst of anonymity,
I found not you,
I found me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sublime

Ritwika Sen said...

thank you..(i cannot believe that you actually read my blog!)