Friday, January 25, 2008

Farewell

Dear Web,
Having eaten all I've wanted to eat, seen most of the places I wanted to see, met the people I most wanted to meet, I now proceed to undertake the most painful and tedious task in the world....PACKING!!!(groan) Should I forget something I shall constantly be plagued by worry and regret once I reach the appointed destination, be it even to take one last glimpse of the busy street twelve floors below my bedroom window. That reminds me, I still haven't eaten any senti 'shrikhand'! My eyebrows are still bushy and my upperlip is beginning to resemble Hitler's 'stache...I must see a miracle lady before boarding that plane tomorrow!!!
I shall miss a million things and perhaps the longing to come home will increase with the distance. Bombay belongs to a different planet altoghether, and New Bombay even more so! Looking back though it feels good to observe that these vacations have been most satisfactory. Perhaps a cream coloured building would've appealed more to my aesthetic senses than a green one, but some things in life just cannot be helped. Alright then world, I must take your leave. There are bags to be packed, documents to be printed and CDs to be burnt before I can sleep. On the day that India became a Republic....I shall once again be bound in chains.

No comments: